Friday, February 3, 2017

Welcome Chaplin and Noel

We've got two really wonderful fosters at our house right now.  I'll start by introducing you to Chaplin.  

Chaplin (we call him Charlie) has been here two weeks now.  He is very easy going and quiet guy.  He rolls with everything and does so with a tail wag.  This little guy has one eye.  We believe it's a birth defect and the vet we consulted indicated it did not need to be removed.  He gets around just fine with one eye.  During the day he will find his crate or a blanket or dog bed and take a nap.  He is just precious.  I've had some family and friends over recently and everyone who meets him just goes "awww."  I'll admit he needs a good haircut (I haven't had time to take him for one) so with the disheveled look, only one eye and his happy demeanor he just melts hearts!  He's a quiet guy.  He will whimper a little if I'm somewhere he can't get to (he's not attempted the full flight of stairs down the basement yet) but that's about it.  He's a pretty low key guy.  He sleeps quietly in his crate all night.  When he first came here I had three other male dogs in the house and the two larger males were doing some marking in the house.  I think Charlie did some marking too just to keep up with the contest.  Now the others are gone and when I let him out he seems less concerned about lifting his leg and will squat to pee.   I let him out several times a day and he's doing pretty well doing all his potties outside.  I could put a belly band on him to make sure he's 100% but I don't have one that fits.  But, belly bands are a great thing to keep male dogs from going when you don't want them to.  He is special and looking for a special home to call his own.  

Noel just arrived and she fit in quickly.  She too is a precious girl.  She is younger and more energetic than Charlie.  She and my standard poodle, Missy, have had a grand time playing in the house and in the yard.  Missy hasn't had this much fun in a few years.  Noel is shy when meeting new people but will warm up in a few minutes and some tasty treats help narrow those minutes down even further.  After being here only a few days she's very comfortable in our house.  After she and Missy have played she's content to find a dog bed and take a nap.  Sometimes she will fuss while in the crate but at night she's quiet and sleeps soundly until we get up in the morning.  She loves my daughters and is friendly with my husband too.  She's only been here a few days and has had some accidents.  She's young and just arrived so I think as she gets used to the schedule we'll see improvement.  She is a gorgeous dog and YES one ear really does stand up.  

Don't miss the videos at the bottom of this page.  Note that we call Noel "Ellie."  Noel sounded too much like "no" according to my daughter so we went with the "Ellie" instead.  If you are interested in applying for Charlie or Ellie please refer to them as their rescue names Chaplin and Noel on your application.  

Thanks for reading and thanks for thinking rescue.  

Noel napping

I woke her up

Doesn't look comfortable but she's sound asleep


Now THAT looks comfortable

She's looking up at me so both ears and up

Here's a normal view of her

Charlie and my daughter

PRECIOUS!  HOW CAN YOU RESIST?  

Again looking up at me

Charlie catching some sun

Missy and Noel playing in my office

Then they continued outside

Running....

....and running

Pretty girl!  

Mr Precious

The two of them





No comments:

Post a Comment